20020821: re GVAR data (fwd)

Hi John,

Here is the response I got from our MCIDAS guru in house..

Hope it helps,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690

>MCIDAS handles GVAR ..no?

Yes, but typically raw GVAR is handled by an SSEC SDI (satellite data
ingestor) box.  From there it can be served by ADDE.  Reading the raw
GVAR data is not possible directly from the McIDAS-X distribution,
but I am convinced that one could take the portion of the SDI code
that is contained in the McIDAS distribution and make something work.
This would be a "project" :-o

Tom