20020422: unidata access

>From: "Max P. Bleiweiss" <address@hidden>

Max,

>I have an adjunct position at New Mexico State University -- I would
>like to know if there is already someone at NMSU that has access to
>unidata.

When I talked with him a couple of years ago, the previous Unidata
contact at NMSU indicated that they had been inactive for some time,
and it didn't sound like they had any intention of becoming active
in the near future.

>If not, I would like to find out more about participating.

What Unidata services are you interested in?  If you are looking to
download software, you need to first register as a Unidata user
at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/user.php?op=new_user

After you have registered, you will be able to download software that
we provide.

If you are looking to get setup as a Unidata Internet Data Distribution
(IDD) participant, you will need to review the online web pages related
to our Local Data Manager (LDM) use and the various pages on the IDD:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd

In particular, please review:

Unidata LDM
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm
  LDM FAQ
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmfaq.html

    Who can connect to the IDD?
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmfaq.html#idd-who

    How do I connect to the IDD?
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmfaq.html#idd-connect

What of the above are you interested in?

Cheers,

>Max P. Bleiweiss                      voice:  505.678.3504
>U.S. Army Research Laboratory         fax:  505.678.2432
>AMSRL-IS-EW                           e-mail:  address@hidden
>White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico USA 88002

Tom Yoksas