RE: SUNY-Albany and AFIT

Hi Jeff,

traceroute is an executable performed from a UNIX machine.

In this case your LDM machine..

At the prompt type:

traceroute "domain name"

i.e.

traceroute redwood.atmos.albany.edu

and the output to screen or to a file if you append a

  | filename.txt to the traceroute command.

This will give you the time and route your packets are taking to the
domain indicated...I think you will find it quite useful..

Thanks,

-Jeff