20020208: Canadian GEM model

Tim,

We do not currently receive any GEM data from CMC. There is no
current source for this data on our IDD.

We set up an LDM connection with CMC over a year ago, and did
receive the data for a short time. They have not continued to maintain
a running LDM on there end however. We have not seen any activity
on that end for about a year.

The good news is that GEMPAK can handle the CMC grib data just as
all the other models we get, piped to dcgrib2 and decoded into
GEMPAK grid files.

Linda Miller was in contact with CMC originally. Perhaps there is
some way to revive this interest given COMET's interest.

By the way, the clock on your computer was set to Jun 1, 1998.

Steve Chiswell