Re: 20011108: New NEXRAD data (fwd)

Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:23:26 -0700 (MST)
From: Jeff Weber <address@hidden>
To: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20011108:  New NEXRAD data

Hello Hsie,

I am somewhat confused here. I thought you WERE getting NNEXRAD from
iita.rap.., but in your follow up, you indicate that you are not.

If you are not getting NNEXRAD from iita.rap I would still prefer to have
you get NNEXRAD from:

sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu

Everyone wants to feed from motherlode, but we are near saturation, this
is why we have developed the different topology for NNEXRAD. I am not
surprised you are not able to connect. The original set-up was to allow
*.edu the NNEXRAD feed, that way anyone could fail to any other site
without reconfiguring your ldmd.conf file..this creates an issue for non
.edu sites...

I will contact Bob Leche at LSU to place an allow NNEXRAD for
cirrus.al.noaa.gov

I realize that this machine is not as physically close to your machine,
but the connection over I2 trunk lines is quite good, I do not think you
will notice a significant change in your latencies. If you do see a delay
in product reception we can re-visit this issue with alternative solutions

 Hello:

> I need help for the following 2 problems:
>
> (1) I do not receive any new NEXRAD data from motherlode.
>
> (2) I can receive NEXRAD data from my failover site iita.rap.ucar.edu.
>
> Hsie
>
> -------------------------
> Eirh-Yu Hsie
> Aeronomy Laboratory/NOAA
> 325 Broadway, R/AL4
> Boulder, CO  80305-3328
> voice:  303-497-3275
> fax:    303-497-5373
>

> ------- End of Forwarded Message

I will cc you on my correwspondence to LSU so you should be made aware
when the connect will be valid.

Thank you,

-Jeff