Re: 20010926: Majordomo

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Gilbert,

It works very well and it easy to install and configure. Each list has
four files,  list, password, configure and information. There are many
options to configure, one that Unidata has found very usefull is that to
submit a post one has to be a member of the list, keeps spams down. Also,
the /etc/aliases file has to be configured to send the messages to
majordomo

> 2. Is it easy to install/configure, for someone less than a dedicated
> sysadmin?

Just follow the instructions

> 3. Pros/cons? Can it handle up to 1,000 people on one list?

We have list up to 500 people with no problem, don't see any reason a 1000
person list would have a problem.  At this time we have ~50 lists
configured under majordomo.

Robb...