RE: Radar data decoding (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:46:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bryan C. Hahn <address@hidden>
To: Dan Vietor <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: Radar data decoding

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Dan Vietor wrote:

> Take a look at my NIDS page:
>
> http://weather.unisys.com/wxp/Appendices/Formats/NIDS.html
>
> It is not complete but has enough info to be able to decode the data.

Very nice page, Dan.  I've bookmarked it for myself 'cause it's a heck of
alot easier than going to the printed docs or the .pdf for quick info.

The main reference for "all" the details can be found at:

  ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/documentlibrary/tddoc/td7000.pdf
  ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/documentlibrary/tddoc/td7000.wpd
  ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/documentlibrary/tddoc/td7000.doc
  ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/documentlibrary/tddoc/td7000.txt

(Pick your flavor.)

(My opinion:  td7000 is a poorly assembled document, but it has everything
you'll need to figure out the level III format.)

 - Bryan

 Bryan C. Hahn
 University of North Dakota