Re: Data feed request

Hi Luis,

You have choices here..

You can access McIDAS data either via the LDM or the ADDE servers.

The LDM will allow a constant (hopefully) stream of available data that
fits your pre-set needs i.e. wavelength, area, resolution, etc...

Or you can access the same data via the ADDE servers, in which you would
be placing (executing) a command to deliver the area files..This also
could be automated via a cron job or some other scripting mechanism.

Previously, others from UPRM had wanted model data, and other products,
which would require a dish or LDM operations to gather the data, but if
all you want is the McIDAS imagery, we have the two options.

Please let me know if my assumptions are accurate, and I will also bring
this to Tom Yoksas (our McIDAS expert) and see if he sees any advantages
or disadvantages to either option.

In the meantime, we should check the level of connectivity UPRM is
currently enjoying.

Could you please perform traceroutes to:

sapodilla.rsmas.miami.edu

and

pluto.met.fsu.edu

and

dante.geog.sc.edu

from your machine that would host the LDM, and attach the results back to
me please...

Thank you,

-Jeff