20010522: MCIDAS feed questions

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I have some questions regarding MCIDAS feed. I want to be sure that these
>products are not available through IDD/LDM:
>
>- GOES-8 VIS at 1-km resolution
>- GOES-8 imagery at 15 min. temporal resolution
>- METEOSAT imagery (30 min. temporal resolution)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Christian Page
>address@hidden
>UQAM

Christian,

Currently, the only 1km visible data in the MCIDAS feed are the floater
sectors. The fixed region visible images are 4km, 1 hour temporal resolution.

The 1km visible, 15 minute GOES-8 and GOES-10 images from NOAAPORT
are remapped (eg not in the original satellite projection) CONUS
images (they may not cover your area of interest). They are not part of the
IDD stream due to their size, but you can access them via
MciDAS ADDE or manually through the web:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?raw/gini/gini_20010522/EAST-CONUS/1km/VIS

We do not have any METEOSAT data available.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support