Re: I solved the Nexrad mystery! (was: Can rad handle new stuff...)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Pete Pokrandt wrote:

> All,
>
> It turns out that the *encrypted* versions of the ARX files are also
> still being sent out, in addition to the compressed ones. As far as I
> can see, there is no way to differentiate between the compressed ones
> (which we can read) and the encrypted ones (which we can't) in the
> pqact.conf file. So both of these were being written into the one file I
> was testing my routines with.

Pete,

If you use the full AWIPS header (like N0RARX) on your pqact, I think
you'll only get one set of data. I got two when I just was skimming for
N0R. I can't tell if this is uncompressed or compressed data, however.

I'm on a really slow line tonight, so it is making it difficult for me to
check. A firm doing soil core samples on campus managed to "core" right
through a Verizon cable. Things are messed up all over the place so as a
result, data might be slow/missing from here. So I guess this would be a
good time to say "fail over"! Estimated time of return is Wednesday at 23Z
(5 PM). Verizon will be working through the night, but apparently the cuts
are so bad that they'll have to disconnect good lines to replace entire
conduits of cable through tomorrow. Happy happy, joy joy!

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***