Re: incomplete ETA files today? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:15:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Tom McDermott <address@hidden>
To: James Murakami <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: incomplete ETA files today?

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, James Murakami wrote:

> We didn't receive a full complement of 12Z ETA grib files
> over the IDD today. Has anyone else experienced a lack
> of files too? The NGM package was also incomplete.

Our 12Z model feed seems to be complete.

The FOS Topology page for 16Z shows a max latency of 61.1 minutes for
typhoon.atmos.ucla.edu, which could explain why you and sjsu are missing a
lot of the grids.  I would check the state of your network connection to
your upstream feed at ucsd to begin with.

Tom McDermott                           Email: address@hidden
System Administrator                    Phone: (716) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (716) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport