Re: 20001101: Re: Does end of NIDS mean 88D via IDD and LDM?

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Linda Miller wrote:

> Your memory is correct.  Upon expiration of the current NIDS contract, the
> NIDS-type products will be broadcast via NOAAPort.  These products have been
> broadcast and encrypted for some time now, so the encryption will be lifted
> when the NIDS contract with the vendors ceases.

What about the NOWrad mosaic radars?  As I understand it, these are
proprietary and will not be part of the NOAAport feed.  Will the NOWrad
still be available from WSI under the Unidata contract (Tier IV) for
$195/month?

If this is the case, what I would like to do is take the funds we are
currently spending on NEXRAD Tiers I & V, which will presumably be
availabe after the expiration of the NIDS contract, together with the
funds for Alden DIFAX, and get the mosaics which we were not able to
afford before.

Tom McDermott                           Email: address@hidden
System Administrator                    Phone: (716) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (716) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport