Re: Alden update... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:01:02 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Alden update...

Thanks to an iffy modem connection here, that got sent out without any
proofreading. Well, it wasn't that bad. But "Sheriff" is how it is
correctly spelled. Also, I didn't tack on the following...

If Unidata is willing to drop the Alden contract (actually, it may be
the other way around now!), I would be willing to pay for DiFAX, coming
through the LDM, from Unisys.

You know, I gotta say this. No offense to anyone, but DiFAX simply has the
clearest, most readable upper air maps I've ever used. I'm a WXP junkie,
and IMO WXP blows most everything else out of the water...except for this.
And Gempak, AWIPS, Digital Atmosphere...they're good, but not great for
plotting upper air analysis maps. Maybe it's the satellite winds or the
ACARS data. I dunno. I just know I want them until they sadly die away.

I will save my rant against a completely paperless office for another
day. But although I have stopped printing out most maps from DiFAX, the
analysis maps get read by me every weekday. And printed out.

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***