Re: 20000913: 20000913: interesting...12 Z airport data missing today

It appears that METAR reports may be filed under both SAUS80 and
SAUS.. headers, where the .. may represent numbers in the 30s, 40s, etc.

For 12Z today, no SAUS80 headers were received here, but indeed, as Chiz
pointed out, the SAUS44 header message from MOB (and the other missing
airport stations) were indeed sent and received here at FSU.

So it appears that our ldm is not picking up these SAUS4x reports (and
perhaps others).  We do not desire to pick up the stripped down versions
of the METAR collectives, which do not include remarks, those must be in a
3rd collective.

In any case, thanks for pointing out the problems Steve.  It appears that
we need to have our LDM reconfigured here to select reports from both sets
of collectives for our gempak filing and retrieval using weather/obs
commands.

I have confirmed that all airport obs did make it hear, we just can't see
them with our weather applications software suite the way we are filing
them.  Nothing like the old "more" command or "grep" to help you find
things!

More work for Chris to do on our end!

Paul