Alden ku-band DDPLUS Dead-Again! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 09:06:43 -0400
From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Alden ku-band DDPLUS Dead-Again!

It looks like Alden ku-band DDPLUS died around 09/0445Z. This was the
same time that NWS seemed to be having problems, since data (mainly
surface) for several hours after that time seemed to be a bit light on
both NOAAPORT and IDD. However, those systems seemed to come back to
normal, but who knows about Alden. We are seriously thinking about
dropping our service, but that may be a moot point given the
circumstances.

                        Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: address@hidden
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574