Conversation with Dan Desereau at Uthal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 11:00:29 -0600
From: Joanne Graham <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Conversation with Dan Desereau at Uthal

Hi all:

At Tom's request, I contacted Dan D. to try and assess where he was with
NOAAport issues/collaborations, and why he had not returned my email
from a week and a half ago.  In fact he was not at all bothered by our
non-offer of funds, he is still VERY interested in collaborating with
us, he just has no money (or very little) to do what a vendor has told
him will cost -- hold your breath -- 100K!!! to do.  In fact he is being
told by vendors that to ingest all four ports he will need four separate
ingest boxes!  He is actively seeking funding to try and make this
happen.

I assured him that if nothing else, we could help him (by sharing our
experience)  to construct a system that would be consistent with our
approach to data ingestion for much less.  He was very intrigued by this
idea.  He is going to be in town twice in the next two weeks and would
like to talk to relevant people about this.  He will be calling me back
shortly to let me know times that work for him.  Please let me know if
you are interested in being there.

All for now,
Joanne