Re: The status of Alden (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:37:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: The status of Alden

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Jim Koermer wrote:

> Easy come, easy go... Our Alden ku-band DDPLUS feed was back up 28/1908Z
> (after
> being down since 26/1201Z), but seems to be dead again at 29/0113Z.
>
> We never experienced any problems (that I can tell) during this period with
> Alden's DIFAX ku-band feed.

Thursday night, Alden employees were told to get out of the building by
the landlord, and the building was locked down. One guess why. Yesterday
afternoon, an officer of the company was escorted into the building for
just a few minutes to bring up the dead services. But DDPLUS choked again
last night.

Alden's remaining staff have been told not to report this week, and
attorneys from both landlord and Alden are going back and forth with each
other to get inside the building. Until then, calls to them will be
fruitless.

That's all I can tell you about the data situation at the moment.

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***