Re: upstream feed? (fwd)

Hi Cristina,

No moss growing here..

AN allow all indicates that all feedtypes will be made available to you.

In your request line you can limit what feedtypes your machine ingests,
this is also done with regular expressions within the feedtypes. This
allows YOU all the flexibility you could desire.

We could do the opposite, I chose San Jose as first because it had fewer
hops to Stanford, but if you would rather feed primarily from SD ( I do
not know why...perhaps there is a hidden agenda :)) there is not an issue.
Both machines will have an allow all for you. I have not heard back from
San Jose yet tho' .

Your interpretation of the failover is accurate. We found it best to
have everyone with a failover before problems arise due to the anomolies
of the internet. If your primary feed goes down or has internet issues,
you can failover to your other site. This can be done transparently once
set up, and no notification of your upstream feeds is necessary. It is
nice tho' to let them know when you are or are not feeding from them so
they are aware of bandwidth issues.

Cheers,

-Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata/NWS-COMET Case Study Library
University Corp for Atmospheric Research

address@hidden
PH:303-497-8676
URL--http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/jweber