Re: 20000524: One site, Two feeds? (fwd)

>Date:20000524

Hi Neil,

Yes, you can have two nodes.

The reason for not having two nodes is not to duplicate the products
and eat up bandwidth. However, with your proposed configuration, one
machine receiving NIDS only and the other machine receiving all other
products, this problem goes away.

So currently we have your ldm machine as coriolis.met.tamu.edu

feeding from  pluto.met.fsu.edu

and aqua.atmos.uah.edu

Let us know what your NIDS ldm machine name is going to be and we will
notify upstream sites to allow NIDS to that site etc....

Also be informed that noaaport handles only 640 MB per channel, so even
after Oct 1 it still may not be possible to get ALL the radar data...

Thanks,

-Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata/NWS-COMET Case Study Library
University Corp for Atmospheric Research

address@hidden
PH:303-497-8676
URL--http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/jweber