Re: 20000508: no ldmstats for NSBF on FOS page

On Mon, 8 May 2000, weather wrote:

> Robb,
>
> I am aware of Unidata's policy and have tried to adhere to it.
> Except for brief periods, I am only feeding one machine from
> cirrus.al.noaa.gov
> I have it either feed psnldm or wxmcidas, not both at the same time
> , except in one or two cases where I have been
> working on one machine or the other and have switched over to
> cirrus for the running machine, and then forget to switch back.
> I have been busy installing a new hard drive on wxmcidas
> and have changed which one gets fed from cirrus many times
> in the last week.
>
> I have tried not to feed both from cirrus, but I have slipped up a few times
> and will redouble my efforts to make sure I don't screw up again.
>
> One machine is located in New Mexico (wxmcidas) and the other
> in Texas (psnldm),  and the usual configuration is:
>
> cirrus.al.noaa.gov to wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov,
> and then wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov to psnldm.nsbf.nasa.gov.
>
> During the summer, generally psnldm feeds wxmcidas.
>
> So Unidata is only furnishing cirrus.al.noaa.gov and then I take care
> of my two machines.  I see this same setup on the Topology site
> on many sites where one machine is fed and then it feeds a few
> others in the department.  Our second machine just happens to be
> 600 miles away.
>
> You may have seen evidence of both being fed from other Unidata sites,
> but these were oversites on my part and won't happen in the future.
> As a norm that is certainly not our practice.

Robert,

I guess that I didn't have a full understanding of your configuration, it
appears your configuration is in accordance with the IDD policy.

It looks like your site's entires are back on the topo charts.

cirrus.al.noaa.gov 0.1 Minutes
      psnldm.nsbf.nasa.gov 3.5 Minutes
        wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov 3.5 Minutes

Robb...