lightning data

  Thanks David, I will use the address@hidden email from now on.

  Perhaps you were confused by my .com email address, the lightning data
has always stayed within the umich.edu domain, I keep the .edu and .com
parts of my job totally separate, except I send email to ldm-users from my
.com address since I don't want to have to subscribe twice to ldm-users in
order to be able to post to the group.  wunderground.com has never used
the IDD get lightning data, and never will.

  If this .com/.edu confusion is not the case, is there really a problem
with an IDD relay site getting lightning data from a failover site? Since
umich was not able to get lightning data from our primary, I went to a
failover site. I thought this was acceptable with the IDD framework.

Jeff
 Dr. Jeff Masters (address@hidden)                           (  )
 Chief Meteorologist                              /\ Home of the       (    )
 The Weather Underground, Inc.               /\  /  \  /\       /\    (      )
 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3605            ______/              /  \/    \_   \\\\\
 734-994-8824 (voice)                           Weather Underground      \`\`\
 734-994-8919 (fax)                         http://www.wunderground.com