Re: 20000406: Data stream

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: UNIDATA Support <address@hidden>
> >From: "Paul L. Sirvatka" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Date stream
>
> While we are still trying to find an administrator, there are some long
> term plans I need to present to the administration here at College of
> DuPage.
>
> For our bandwidth needs, what will be needed in the next year? Right now
> we have dual T-1's which peak all day long. We have been losiong a lot of
> data in addition to being slow. I am at my wits end...But the future might
> hold more promise.
>
> Any help?

Paul,

Sorry about the delay in responding, your message was lost in my mailbox.
The only advice that I can recommend is decrease the amount of data that
you receive and maybe split your request into two request, ie

request IDD|DDPLUS ".*" upstreamHostName
request HDS ".*"  IPaddressOfUpstream

The ".*" can be filters to decrease the amount of data, some of the models
are large.

Robb...