Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:45:57 -0700
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: 20000322: IDD feed contents

------- Forwarded Message

>To: address@hidden
>cc: John Murphy <address@hidden>
>From: Jim Cowie <address@hidden>
>Subject: IDD feed contents

I was wondering how the SSEC NOAAPort receive systems used in the
IDD decide which feed to group the products into, either HDS or
IDS|DDPLUS. The reason I ask is that there seem to be some products
coming in over the HDS feed that I think should be on the IDS|DDPLUS
feed, namely (and there are probably others) the MRF MOS products (FOX.)

Last night I set up a test where I fed two machines here at WITI from
the iita.rap machine. One machine requested "WMO" and the other one
"IDS|DDPLUS". The machine that requested WMO got 115 MRF MOS products
(FOX., FOAK) and the one that requested "IDS|DDPLUS" got 74. Looking
at the feedstats, both machines got the identical number of products
and bytes from the IDS|DDPLUS feeds, thus I have to conclude that the
additional products came over the HDS feed. Why?

I don't need all the grid products at this time so I would rather just
feed the IDS|DDPLUS data.

Thanks for any info,

-jim

--
Jim Cowie                               Software Engineer
WITI Corporation                        address@hidden

------- End of Forwarded Message