Re: 20000315: ldmd.conf

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> >From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>
> >Subject: ldmd.conf
>
> Hi,
>
> We've had some connectivity problems down here lately and it has caused me
> to use my secondary host a few times.  When I've done that I find I don't
> get the same data set as I do from my primary host.  Could you look over
> my ldmd.conf entries and see if I should be doing something different ?
>
> #  PRIMARY HOST INFO - cirrus.al.noaa.gov
>
> request UNIDATA-HRS|FSL2 ".*" cirrus.al.noaa.gov
> request HRS "(^H)|(^[YZ].[^AHIJNRTU])|(^Y.A... KWBH)" cirrus.al.noaa.gov
> request NLDN ".*" striker.atmos.albany.edu
> request PCWS "^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC\..*"    ldm.fsl.noaa.gov
>
> #  SECONDARY HOST INFO - nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu
>
> #request UNIDATA-HRS|FSL2 ".*" nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu
> #request HRS "(^H)|(^[YZ].[^AHIJNRTU])|(^Y.A... KWBH)"
> nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu
> #request NLDN ".*" striker.atmos.albany.edu
> #request PCWS "^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC\..*"    ldm.fsl.noaa.gov

Tony,

Since the request lines are the same and I'm sure that nimbus gets the
full data sets, then it must be some other type of problem.  One, I can
think of is that the time it takes the data to get from nimbus because the
nimbus reception looks ok.

nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu 1.2 Minutes at Mar 15, 16 Z today.

Also, are you seeing and overall lost of products or just a single feed
loss?

You might want to use the hostname for the UNIDATA-HRS|FSL2 feedtype and
the IP # for the HRS feedtype, this sometimes improves reception rates.

Robb...