Re: 20000223: Re: high-frequency product (fwd)

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Wed, Feb 23, 2000 6:17 PM -0600
From: Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>
To: Linda Miller <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20000223: Re: high-frequency product

Linda Miller wrote:

> Hi Gerry,

Hi, Linda,

> I'm sorry I'm so late in responding to this request.  I wondered if you
> received any information regarding this issue?

Little.  Thanks for the response.  While my boss was hot to get this
going, his attention span appears to have waned a little so the
pressure's off me at this instant.  Thus, the timing's just fine!

> If not, you might want to contact Marty Deiseroth, ASOS Program, at the NWS,
> (301) 713-2093x102, email address@hidden to see if he can assist
> you.  I believe the ASOS data are provided every 15 minutes normally and every
> 5 minutes in warning mode.  You might want to check the following NWS Web
> information:

Great!  The15 min. data are what I'm looking for.  Somehow, I stumbled
upon that product and then deleted all examples before I got a rule
generated.  I might be able to do it again, by accident, but I'm not
sure.

> http://www.nws.noaa.gov/modernize/asostech.html

I'll be there in a second!

> I think the National Climatic Data Center makes one-minute data available.

That, too, has application to some of the work I want to do.

> Also, for the area you describe, there is an Oklahoma Mesonetwork that would
> provide frequent surface updates.  Contact Ken Crawford at:  405 325-2541  or
> address@hidden

I haven't talked to Ken in a couple of years, but our mesonet folks
have.  Last time I looked at their web-page, though, they wanted real
money for this, and I'm currently in an unfunded research slot...

Thanks again for all the leads!
Regards, Gerry
--
Gerry Creager                     Spatial Sciences Laboratory
409.845.7201 Office               Texas Agricultural Experiment Station

Linda Miller - address@hidden
External Liaison, Unidata
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000