20000216: gempak access (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:30:58 -0700
From: Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
     address@hidden
Subject: 20000216: gempak access (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:15:09 -0500 (EST)
From: jones william m <address@hidden>
To: Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 20000216: gempak access

> Will,
>
> I sent Sidney Gauthreaux the login, password and download information
> for GEMPAK on Jun 17, 1999:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/2935
>
> The current distribution is ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/gempak54upc_pl15.tar.gz
> (binaries for Solaris X86 and Linux in ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary).
>
> Are you serving as the LDM contact for the Department of Biological
> Sciences, college of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Science?
> We need to make sure our database is properly updated so that
> we can get information out to the responsible people.

Steve, this is my understanding:

The Dept of BS ... are currently getting data from somewhere upstream,
however , it is our intention to become the "point" of contact in the
future.  For warehousing large volumes of data for whomever may be
interested here at Clemson, as we have considerable disk space /
bandwidth at our disposal.

Thanks for such a quick response to my email!

Will