Re: 20000201: LDM problems

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Karli Lopez (McIDAS) wrote:

> Robb,
>
> sorry, I apologize for taking so long to reply, I've been very busy lately,
> and
> just got a chance to work on this.  I just channged the size of queue,
> fortunately
> though we haven't had a crash since the last time.
> As for reducing our data volume, I am not sure as to what exactly we will
> need in
> the long run, but the bare minimum that we need (besides NLDN and WSI which
> aren't
> provided by fsu anyway) are the VIS/IR/ and H2O for North-America, (GOES 8
> and 9 or
> equivalents), and the Mollewide composites.  Beyond that we can work on it
> later
> (I'm not sure what amount of weather text we ingest, we only need forecasts
> for San
> Juan, PR; so if we're getting more than that, would there be a way to cut it
> down?)  I'm sorry for having to be so general.

Karli,

You might want to try these request lines for data from pluto.

request MCIDAS "LWTOA3 (1[0145].|2[01])" pluto.met.fsu.edu
request WMO ".*" pluto.met.fsu.edu

or if you don't need the model data, it is large

request MCIDAS "LWTOA3 (1[0145].|2[01])" pluto.met.fsu.edu
request IDS|DDPLUS ".*" pluto.met.fsu.edu

Let me know if you want to receive certain models, I will probably be able
to create an pattern for it.

Robb...