Re: request for data

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Joe St Sauver wrote:

> >Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:20:49 -0700 (MST)
> >From: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
> >Subject: request for data
> >To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> >Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Hi Robb,
>
> Still no word from the ORST folks. Can we try another site? Maybe an Abilene
> connected school topologically close to Sacramento or Denver? (i.e., maybe a
> a Calren North or Calren South school?)

Joe,

Sorry about the delay in getting your feed configured. I heard back from
ORST folks, maybe we will use them as a failover because of lack of
bandwidth available. It might be possible to change one of ORST feeder
sites for your site.  I'll take a look at it. So in the mean time, I added
an allow in the ldmd.conf configuration file on  thelma.ucar.edu, that's
the main IDD server that we try to reserve for only top tier nodes.   This
will allow you to get data until a more pernament solution can be found.
You can test the configuration by:

% notifyme -vl - -h thelma.ucar.edu

Robb...