UKMET : many fields missing (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:46:34 -0500 (EST)
From: Christian Page <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: UKMET : many fields missing

Hi,

  I import UKMET HDS data (as well as ECMWF), and many fields are missing,
randomly. By example, for the Jan. 20th, 2000 12Z UKMET, I miss all the fields
for the initial time, and the pressure field is missing for many forecast hours.
Is there anything I can check to know what's going on? I checked the queue, the
size seems ok. I checked also my link to cirrus.lsc.vsc.edu, and the connect
time is very fast. But, when looking at the log file, I see :

LDM status report from the logs for the last 15 hours.

Currently io is running  percent idle
load average: 2.36, 2.56, 2.82
Running version number 5.0.9.
LDM was restarted 4 time(s)
        Last LDM restart at Jan 19 16:20:09
Max Queue usage is 68448672 bytes, it occurred at Jan 20 21:26:11

Critical LDM problems that need immediate attention:

Potential LDM Problems:
'Breaking connection' message occurred 16 time(s).
        Last one at:  Jan 20 19:34:20
        For cirrus it happened 16 time(s).
'NULLPROC error' message occurred 2 time(s).
        Last one at:  Jan 20 18:53:15
        For cirrus.lsc.vsc.edu it happened 2 time(s).

Decoder LDM Problems:

Christian Page      finger address@hidden => tel. + adresse
address@hidden    http://www.sca.uqam.ca/

Assistant de recherche / Research Assistant
Universite du Quebec a Montreal / Universite McGill / McGill Radar