Re: LDM out? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:35:43 -0600 (CST)
From: David Wojtowicz <address@hidden>
To: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: LDM out?

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Weird. I can ping data2, but I "time out" when I try to ldmping you. No
> data since before 0Z Sunday.

Hmmm.... although out of town for the holidays I was checking
in each day except today as I was traveling back home, so sorry
I didn't see this sooner.

data2 does seem to be having problems of some sort.  Unfortunately
it won't let me login either so it'll have to wait until I'm
back in the office on Monday.  Not sure if its Y2K related
or what as it was working OK on the 1st it seemed.

In the meantime, anyone who feeds from data2.atmos.uiuc.edu
can feed from squall.atmos.uiuc.edu which is working OK.
(This is a standing offer whenever data2 is having a problem
but we are otherwise getting data)

 David Wojtowicz, Research Programmer/Systems Manager
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 email: address@hidden  phone: (217)333-8390