RE: LDM (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:16:54 -0700
From: "Detwiler, Andrew G." <address@hidden>
To: 'Robb Kambic' <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: LDM

Robb -

The problem was that GEMPAK routines would often crash when reading data
files, or data files would be completely missing. The problem seems to have
gone away within the last week. I now am pretty sure the problem was due to
network congestion within the campus or state, and not with anything on the
UNIDATA side. As soon as students began to finish up and leave, and network
usage dropped, the problem subsided.

Next semester we are losing the fellow who has been taking care of LDM, and
I will be forced to learn more about it. I will be sure to contact you with
questions!

-Andy Detwiler