awipsldm digest: December 16, 1999 (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:00:03 -0500
From: The AWIPS LDM list digest <address@hidden>
To: awipsldm digest recipients <address@hidden>
Subject: awipsldm digest: December 16, 1999

Digest for AwipsLDM
The AWIPS LDM list Digest for Thursday, December 16, 1999.

1. Re: Uses for LDM?
2. Re[2]: Uses for LDM?

Subject: Re: Uses for LDM?
From: Ken Waters <address@hidden>
Date: 16 Dec 1999 09:58:34 -0500

     John,

     We have LDM running on our LDAD and use it with triggers from the DS
     to ship (nearly) all of our text products to a webserver.  In
     addition, we use it to acquire other data sets like Mesonet files,
     NOGAPS, and alternative satellite imagery, and then redistribute these
     data sets back to our field offices via our frame relay network.
     Those field offices then have to have LDM running on their LDADs to
     receive our products.

     Ken Waters
     Southern Region