Weather.admin.niu.edu was down... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:48:56 -0600 (CST)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Weather.admin.niu.edu was down...

Hello all,

Weather.admin.niu.edu was down from about shortly after 0Z until about 14Z
this morning. There was a weird network problem on-campus that knocked me
off the air. I was warned earlier in the day that there was going to be
some sort of brief outage, but this one strangely caused all my LDM
processes to hang, which kind of crashed the machine. My apologies for any
inconvenience. It's back up and working fine now.

Oddly enough...we got everything but DIFAX data last night. People were
unable to get to me, but I was able to get to them, and I got much of my
IDS|DDPLUS|HDS data.

How bizarre, how bizarre.

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***