Re: 19991115: IDD Slowdowns

Tom,

This is a hard question to answer for certain, but he's a suggestion. When
the latencies are high, check the latency at Cornell.  The topo/latencies
are at :

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/status/idd/fosTopo.html

Currently:

snow.cit.cornell.edu 6.0 Minutes
       ldmhost.dri.edu unknown
          satellite.usask.ca unknown
              tornado.usask.ca unknown
          monsoon.colorado.edu 0.1 Minutes
          coldwave.dri.edu unknown
          sift.dri.edu unknown
          climate.dri.edu unknown
       shear.cit.cornell.edu unknown
       vortex.weather.brockport.edu 8.6 Minutes

Brockport is only 2.6 minutes behind.

You can also do an ldmping to Cornell at different time during the day.
If you discover that it's the network, contact your network folks or ISP
when the latencies are the highest.  On the otherhand, if you are only a
couple minutes behind Cornell then further investigation into the latency
tree or thelma's ingestion will be necessary. Currently the NOAAport
ingestion is 1-2 minutes behind, thelma is about 45 minutes behind.

Robb...