19991027: current data feed volumes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:50:29 -0600
From: Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
To: Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: 19991027: current data feed volumes

Just an additional explanation about the CONDUIT data volume...

Since the fire at NCEP, the amount data being carried by CONDUIT is less
than it had been previously. In particular, NCEP is not cuurrently providing
ensemble grids, nor MRF grids from day 11-17. Also, the hourly RUC2 data
is being provided only on pressure levels from FSL while previously it had
been provided on pressure and hybrid levels. Prior to the NCEP fire,
we had been seeing 2-3 GB per day.

Also there was an ldm-users exchange between Dave Knight and Bill Noon about
network problems while I was away which would affect the amount of NMC2
data reaching shemp if this was during your sampling period.
I do not know the time frame of the UCAR outage...maybe Robb knows.
This network outage should not affect the data being received from NOAAport
internally, but potentially would effect PCWS, FSL2, NLDN, MCIDAS and NMC2.

Chiz