19991110: McIDAS XCD Broken Pipe

>From: Michael Keables <address@hidden>

Michael-

>It could be that I don't have a failover site assigned to me yet
>(requested one but looks like I need to do so again). failoverhost
>presently is the same as primaryhost (cirrus.al.noaa.gov).

This could lead to problems with the ldmfail script and might be
the cause of what you are seeing.  I've commented out the ldmfail
entry in your crontab.

>Thanks for looking into this...the problem typically
>occurs at least once a day (usually at night when there is nobody around
>to stop and restart the ldm.)

Let's see if not running ldmfail helps.  If the connection to
cirrus is bad, you won't get data anyway, but without ldmfail
trying to stop and restart the ldm, you will probably just
catch lost data from the remote queue when the connection is
good again.

Don Murray