Re: idd data request

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Teresa Van Hove wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry to have to keep troubling you but I am not able to
> actually write out the files, I do seem to be getting the data
> into the ldm.pq, I see many entries when I run lmdadmin watch -f
> DDS, but pqact does not seem to be running at all - it does not
> show up when I run ldmadmin ps or with normal ps.  I tried just
> running $ldmhome/bin/pqact and it did not give an error message
> but it did not produce a continuing ps.  ldmadmin pqactcheck
> shows the pqact.conf file as syntactically correct.  My log
> files are empty also.

Teresa,

For the log problem look at e-mail written for another user, the path will
be different but all the other info should be the same. Once you have log
messages, then you can see the problem with pqact.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm/3277

Also, UPC only supports the LDM on Redhat Linux because of all the
differences in Linux versions.

Look at the pqact man page for more info:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/man-cgi?pqact+1

> So I am wondering if there may be some linux or perl version
> inconsistency?  Perl 5.005 is what is installed on my cpu and I
> am running linux vs. 6.0.  We installed the binary linux vs of
> ldm from unidata.

As long as it's Perl 5 there will be no problems.

Robb...