Re: idd data request

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Teresa Van Hove wrote:

> Site Name.  GST- GPS research Group
> Site Administrator  Teresa Van Hove
> email address@hidden
> ph 497-8023
> hostname rain.cosmic.ucar.edu
>

> Hi,
> I'm looking to get METARs data from a subset of ASOS sites where
> the FAA has GPS recievers.  This is for experimental processing
> of GPS data to get precipitable water vapor.  Its a chance for
> me to process a large GPS network prior to Suomi net.  The data
> volume I need will be fairly small compared to the available
> data, and since we are also in FL4 it would not make any since
> for us to act as a relay node for data I think.
>
> Thanks,
> Teresa

Teresa,

You should have a request in the etc/ldmd.conf

requester WMO ".*" iita.rap.ucar.edu

In etc/pqact.conf

# All aviation reports including metar tests, files yymmddhh_sao.wmo
DDS|IDS ^S(A....|P....|XUS91) .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
        STDIOFILE       data/surface/sao/(\2:yyyy)(\2:mm)\2\3_sao.wmo

Note the white spaces are tabs.

For more info on creating pqact entries look at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ws/ws.html#schedule

Day 2  "Using the Data"    parts 1 and 2

Robb...

ps don't forget to install the ldm statistics :

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmConfigInstallList.html#s7