19991011: Transition of ihlseng.ugems.psu.edu (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:25:09 -0600
From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: 19991011: Transition of ihlseng.ugems.psu.edu

>From: Jeff Wolfe <address@hidden>
>Subject: Transition of ihlseng.ugems.psu.edu

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: address@hidden
Subject: Transition of ihlseng.ugems.psu.edu
From: Jeff Wolfe <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:15:41 -0400
Sender: wolfe@wegener

Hi folks,

You're getting this because you're in my ldmd.conf file.. :)

As previously announced a long time ago (maybe a year?) We're getting ready to
discontinue the UGEMS project and shut down ihlseng. The meteorology
department has been running a IDD server in parallel with ihlseng for at least
a year now. We've made arrangements for them to pick up all of ihlseng's
current IDD clients, so there should be no noticeable change in service.
(both machines are on different vLANS of the same network.)

Please adjust your IDD configs to point your machines at
navierldm.meteo.psu.edu as soon as possible. We plan on shutting Ihlseng down
as soon as all the feeds are transitioned. If you're using us as a backup, you
should change to navierldm as well.

If you don't already have the info, the contact person for navier is Art
Person - address@hidden.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact myself or
Art.

The hosts still actively connecting to ihlseng are listed below:

ganges.Princeton.EDU
windfall.evsc.Virginia.EDU
nora-f.gsfc.nasa.gov

If you have a moment, please confirm with me that you've made changes to your
ldm configs so you're no longer expecting ihlseng to be an IDD server.

Thanks!

- -Jeff

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy