Re: NOAAPORT receive system feeding LDM

Hi all,

Having more sites injecting NOAAport data into the IDD is an exciting
prospect, but I suggest we do a few controlled experiments and come up with
an overall strategy before moving ahead with this on the main IDD
distribution topology.   We need to examine how the products are packaged
on the different systems, which feedtypes will be used, and so forth.

Of course, if individual universities want to do some experiments on their
own, that's up to them, but I think it would be best to keep that
datastream separate from the main IDD distribution until we get a better
handle on what's involved.

Thanks,

--Ben
   Ben Domenico                Unidata Deputy Director
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu           P.O. Box 3000
   address@hidden              Boulder, CO 80307
   (303)497-8631                    FAX: (303)497-8690

--On Tuesday, October 19, 1999, 12:35 PM -0600 Robb Kambic