Re: failover site for mop1.eos.ucar.edu (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:59:16 -0600 (MDT)
From: Steve Carson <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: failover site for mop1.eos.ucar.edu

According to Robb Kambic:

> Steve,
>
> Since you are a UCAR site, you don't need a failover because the only way
> you will not receive data is if there is a network failure. Also, any data
> that you missed should be available from dataproc or the mass store.
>
> Robb...

Robb;

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe that's why no one assigned
me a failover in the first place, but I wanted to be sure. Also,
when Tom Yoksas was up here helping me one day I mentioned that
we had no failover site and he thought that was odd. But I'll take
your word for it - in this case simpler *is* better.

Steve

Steven G. Carson       NCAR/ACD            voice: (303) 497-2916
Software Engineer II   PO Box 3000           fax: (303) 497-2920
MOPITT Program         Boulder, CO 80307   email: address@hidden