network outtage and IP change (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:29:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Fitzgerald <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: network outtage and IP change

Sorry for the late notice, but MU's LDM will be down tomorrow starting
around noon EDT.  I am replacing our LDM server, Twister with a newer
machine.  The name will stay the same but Twister's IP number will
change so I can get my network back on to one subnet.  The new IP
number will be 166.66.44.84.  Please change your config files
accordingly and fail over to your secondary sites to prevent data
loss.  I will send a message when we are back in action.  Hopefully it
won't be too long, but I'm also replacing our NIS+ server at the same
time and NIS+ doesn't like me too much.

For our upstream sites, Rutgers, Umich, WSI, Albany, please change your config
files to allow us to feed from you with our new IP number

Thanks!!

Dave

David Fitzgerald
System Administrator            Phone: (717) 871-2394
Millersville University         Fax: (717) 871-4725
Millersville, PA 17551          E-mail: address@hidden