Re: 19990923: LDM feed at Valparaiso U.

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]
Jon,

I agree with you this has been a problem for a long time. Since, I believe
the main source of the problem is you network connection/banwidth.  The
first thing is either to contact your network folks or ISP about the poor
reception rate.  Also, I would only request the data that you really need.

Here's an URL of all the NOAAport products:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/noaaport/html/data.shtml

To reduce the number of products at your site, you need to specify the
product patterns you want in the request line of the etc/ldmd.conf file,
ie

request  WMO  "^[A-I]"  feeder.site.edu

In this example, you  would get all products that start with A to I. The
patern can be any regular expression. Also, WMO can bee broken down
into it's sub feed types, DDS, PPS, IDS, and HDS on individual request
lines to the same feeder site. Here's an URL to help with RE if you need
it.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ws/ldm_patterns.html#s12

Robb...