Re: 19990908: Oswego IDD problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:55:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Robert Ballentine <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: 19990908: Oswego IDD problems

Robb:
   Thanks for your efforts on our behalf.  I thought I notified you (but I
may have forgotten) that we changed our LDM server from blizzard.oswego.edu
to met-05.oswego.edu.  I was unable to get ldm5.0.8 to work on blizzard (an
aging HP), so this summer, I set up a Linux version of the LDM on our Pentium
III (met-05).  I apologize if I neglected to pass on that info to Unidata.
   Thanks to some arm-twisting by our campus network administrator, we have
restored (as of late yesterday) good connecttivity to redwood.atmos.albany.edu.
I'm hopeful that this will stay that way, but my confidence level is only
medium.  I would be grateful if Tom could add us as an emergency failover
site (allowing met-05.oswego.edu from Oswego) in case our problems with Albany
redevelop.
   Thanks,
   Bob Ballentine