Re: 19990908: Oswego IDD problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:38:19 -0400
From: Tom Grzelak <address@hidden>
To: Robert Ballentine <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Subject: Re: 19990908: Oswego IDD problems

Hi!

met-05.oswego.edu has been enabled.

Thanks!
Tom

At 10:55 AM 9/9/99 -0400, Robert Ballentine wrote:
>Robb:
>   Thanks for your efforts on our behalf.  I thought I notified you (but I
>may have forgotten) that we changed our LDM server from blizzard.oswego.edu
>to met-05.oswego.edu.  I was unable to get ldm5.0.8 to work on blizzard (an
>aging HP), so this summer, I set up a Linux version of the LDM on our
Pentium
>III (met-05).  I apologize if I neglected to pass on that info to Unidata.
>   Thanks to some arm-twisting by our campus network administrator, we have
>restored (as of late yesterday) good connecttivity to
redwood.atmos.albany.edu.
>I'm hopeful that this will stay that way, but my confidence level is only
>medium.  I would be grateful if Tom could add us as an emergency failover
>site (allowing met-05.oswego.edu from Oswego) in case our problems with
Albany
>redevelop.
>   Thanks,
>   Bob Ballentine

Tom Grzelak                          address@hidden
Manager - Computing Services
 ----> Center for Environmental Prediction
 ----> Department of Environmental Sciences

Rutgers University
14 College Farm Road                    Voice: 732-932-4923
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551            Fax: 732-932-8644
                http://www.envsci.rutgers.edu