McIDAS Data (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:52:10 -0400
From: Michael W Dross <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: McIDAS Data

With the tremendous amount of satellite imagery now available on NOAAPORT has
anyone discussed the possiblity of replacing the MCIDAS satellite imagery with
the GINI NOAAPORT data? I suspect that McIDAS can't handle GINI, I belive GEMPAK
can and  I know WXP can.  It might be a more cost effective solution
and the NCF does have 24/7 coverage which in theory should provide a reliable
data stream 24/7.

My $0.02

Mike Dross