Re: Missing data on FOS (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:40:13 -0500
From: Chad Johnson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Missing data on FOS

address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed in the past couple of hours that most of the US
> hourly METAR data have ceased coming in via our Alden
> satellite feed.  I've checked some other sites and it looks
> like the data *is* being sent via NOAAPORT but not by FOS.
> Specifically, none of the SAUS** KWBC bulletins have come
> in since around 2000 UTC today on the FOS feed.  I suspect that
> other bulletins may be missing too, but this is the most
> obvious one.
>
> Just wondering if any other non NOAAPORT/Unidata-feed people
> have noticed this too.  I've checked one other site that gets data
> via FOS and see the same thing.

Yep...the following is from the NCF.

NOUS71 KNCF 302036                                              1999242
2040
ADANCF

ATTN: ALL AWIPS
SITES
WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH SURFACE METAR
REPORTS
ON AWIPS. THIS HAS BEEN OCCURRING SINCE AROUND 2000Z. NCF
AND
GATEWAY ARE INVESTIGATING THE
PROBLEM.
LEFKOF/ NCF
OPERATIONS

NOUS71 KNCF 302112                                              1999242
2115
ADANCF

WE ARE STILL EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH METAR DATA FROM THE
GATEWAY.
GATEWAY ENGINEERS ARE WORKING THE PROBLEM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR
PATIENCE.
LEFKOF/ NCF
OPERATIONS

--
Chad W. Johnson                           E-mail: address@hidden
Programmer/Meteorologist                  Voice: (608) 265-5292