Re: No WSI feed from wsihcsn (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:57:44 -0600
From: Mike Schmidt <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: No WSI feed from wsihcsn

Mark,

We'd like you to make a couple adjustments to your LDM configuration
in an attempt to resolve the latency problems on torrent.  In your
ldmd.conf file, set pqexpire to run every 20 minutes instead of the
default but defining "pqexpire -i 1200".  In your ldmadmin script,
set your product queue size for 750-800MB ($pq_size = 800000000;).
This should reduce some thrashing related to continuous product
expiration and region locking issues.  You will have to stop the LDM,
delete and remake the queue, and restart the LDM.

Also, it would be useful for us to directly look at the status of the
LDM on torrent by connecting to the LDM server itself.  If you could
add "allow ANY ^[a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu$" to the ldmd.conf file,
this would be very useful.  Finally, it would also be useful to have
hourly LDM statistics from torrent so we can keep an eye on problems.

Let me know if you have comments or concerns about these suggestions.

mike