Re: idd request (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 00:31:30 -0400
From: Chris Herbster <address@hidden>
To: Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
    address@hidden, address@hidden,
    address@hidden
Subject: Re: idd request

Rob, we're all set.  Chris and I did just that.

Should I get the uni-wisc data (mcidas model, sat, textual data) from
FSU too?  I suppose I might learn more about this tomorrow in the
workshop.

Also, who should I (we?) contact as a secondary site?  What about the
FSL ACARS (and other types of new or experimental) data?

Finally, with respect to data, I think we'd like to get at least some of
the profiler data.

Thanks Robb!  Once again, nice job with the class/workshop.  I think you
did a really good job of presenting the bulk of what we need for
running, maintaining and ultimately adding to the LDM or IDD
programs/projects.

Are you getting stats from us?  I think I have it setup so that you
should.  Also, I'm having some trouble keeping xntp running.  I don't
know if you have any experience with this, but I'm open to advice or
suggestions.

[root@opwx /etc]# uname -a
Linux opwx 2.0.36 #1 Tue Oct 13 22:17:11 EDT 1998 i686 unknown
(Redhat 5.2)

[root@opwx /etc]# grep ntp /etc/services
nntp            119/tcp         usenet          # Network News Transfer
ntp             123/tcp                         # Network Time Protocol
ntp             123/udp                         # Network Time Protocol

>From /var/log/messages

Aug  6 04:00:46 opwx xntpd[3755]: xntpd version=3.3c (beta); Sun Mar 27
21:41:01
 MET DST 1994 (1)
Aug  6 04:00:46 opwx xntpd[3755]: tickadj = 1, tick = 10000, tvu_maxslew
= 99
Aug  6 04:00:46 opwx xntpd[3755]: precision calculation given 16us after
4343 lo
ops
Aug  6 04:00:46 opwx xntpd[3755]: default precision is initialized to
2**-16
Aug  6 04:00:46 opwx xntpd[3755]: bind() fd 5, family 2, port 31488,
addr 010000
7f, bcast=1 fails: Address already in use

There is no process xntpd (or any other similar name) that can be found
running.

As I said, any and all suggestions are welcome
cheers,

Chris H.

PS  I've Cc:'d "support" because of the xntpd problem/question.