Re: NIDS on IDD again? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:27:59 -0600
From: Linda Miller <address@hidden>
To: Michael W Dross <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Subject: Re: NIDS on IDD again?

Hi Mike,

There have been numerous changes going out through the nws-changes email list
which were received from the NWS regarding 97 headers.  See:

http://205.156.54.206/im/fos1421.txt

They are not operational data and should not be depended upon for regular use,
in other words, they are experimental and test data sets being used by the NWS.

Linda

--On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 1:40 PM -0400 Michael W Dross <address@hidden>
wrote:

> I have noticed that the nids data SDUS97  is again back on the HDS feed.  Is
> this a mistake or is a back for good? Obviously this has
> serious implications for low bandwidth sites.  I wonder if it is possible to
> create a new feed type. ie 88D or NIDS and put the SDUS97 on
> there. That would allow sites to chose whether or not to get the data.
>

> Mike Dross

Linda Miller
External Liaison, Unidata
P.O. Box 3000